Friday 17 February 2012

JPEG Vs RAW

This topic has been banded around the Internet so many times, but here's my take on it.

Shoot JPEG!

I shoot JPEG because I want to take pictures and learn from my mistakes. I shot RAW for a couple of years and ended up being lazy with my exposures and white balance, I used to just think 'I'll sort it later' but I never did.  Nowadays by shooting JPEG, if the exposure or white balance is wrong, I'll tweak my settings and re-take the shot, so I end up with the shot I want at the time.  JPEGs can still be edited if required but if you take the shot correctly in the first instance, you won't have much editing to do, that way you learn and move on to take more photos.
And I like the JPEGs my camera produces.

So set your camera to JPEG, Fine, Large.




No comments:

Post a Comment